Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Writing Process

I have never really thought about my writing process and how I get my thoughts onto print. Many times I find it difficult to put my thoughts into words and I find it easier to explain by talking than writing it all out. 

I have said it many times before and I'll probably continue to say it but writing stresses me out. I has never come easily to me but I have accepted it as part of life so I try to continue to work on it. 

My writing process has changed throughout my years in school. Since I went to different types of schools throughout elementary school, I didn't build a strong foundation or strategy for writing until 8th grade. My 8th grade teacher really made me appreciate writing but it only lasted the year I had him. He taught me how to make rough drafts and revise and revise and revise.

Today, my strategy for writing doesn't include much of a pre-writing process. I don't hand write anything out anymore unless I don't have a computer with me and I usually only provide rough drafts if my professors ask for them. I do not procrastinate at all, that is one thing that I have learned not to do. Because writing makes me so nervous I try to do as soon as it is assigned to get it out of the way. 

I usually always reread my papers to check for mistakes or better organize my paper or to see if I should add/ take anything out. 

I know a lot of people have very elaborate writing processes but mine is mostly whatever I think, gets typed onto Microsoft word. Is this a bad thing? 


1 comment:

  1. Clarisa,
    I think its ok to be nervous about writing. I am too.. well sometimes. I just stress out that I am going to do the assignment wrong and get a bad grade. I am happy that your 8th grade teacher helped you understand and like writing. Even if you stopped liking writing once you left his class, you still had the knowledge that he taught you. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete