Reading is fundamental to the world we live in today. In the 1800s people could get away with not knowing how to read but today we read where ever we go. We read signs and billboards on the highway, we read facebook posts and text messages, we read textbooks and novels, words surround us everywhere we go.
I read for so many different reasons. The first are the obvious reasons like emails and texts from people. I read text books and article for school to get information and gain knowledge on a subject.
My favorite reason to read is to read for pleasure, I love reading realistic fiction novels. I love reading stories I can relate to and get lost in. When I really love a book I can read for hours and get lost in. When I read a good book I feel like I'm a part of it. I love a book that can make me laugh, cry, get my heart rate up because of the suspense. It opens our minds to new ideas and broadens our horizons.
We read to learn, whether it's from reading about other people's experiences, or reading to learn about the world around us or even if it's for an assignment given to us by a teacher.
It is important as future teachers that we work towards making sure our students know the importance of knowing how read.
I read for so many different reasons. The first are the obvious reasons like emails and texts from people. I read text books and article for school to get information and gain knowledge on a subject.
My favorite reason to read is to read for pleasure, I love reading realistic fiction novels. I love reading stories I can relate to and get lost in. When I really love a book I can read for hours and get lost in. When I read a good book I feel like I'm a part of it. I love a book that can make me laugh, cry, get my heart rate up because of the suspense. It opens our minds to new ideas and broadens our horizons.
We read to learn, whether it's from reading about other people's experiences, or reading to learn about the world around us or even if it's for an assignment given to us by a teacher.
It is important as future teachers that we work towards making sure our students know the importance of knowing how read.

No comments:
Post a Comment