Monday, October 6, 2014

How I envision reader’s workshop

Reader's workshop is difficult for me to relate to in terms of using it in my classroom because I am a special education comprehensive major. I can see myself using reader's workshop to divide my small group of kids in groups of two's or three's and using some of reader's workshop strategies to teach kids my reading lessons of the day. The part that I would be implementing the most would probably have to be conferencing. I would be working with students as close to one-on-one as possible after doing a brief lesson on what we will be working on that day. I also might use some share time so students can try to explain things to their friends who also need help. I believe this would be a good way to tell if a students understand the information and the reading they have done. 
As far as mini-lessons are concerned I think that the majority of the lessons I will be doing in special education will be short lessons that incorporate modeled learning and guided practice. Once I cover my mini lesson I will give students work to complete with support which can be a modified version of independent practice because I will be there the whole time to support their individual needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment