Samantha and I briefly discussed the section of the book she had read that week. She is making predictions on what will happen next in the book since Nat got sent away to the facility. The predictions I am making have to do with the next book.
I am reflecting on the book a lot and I am thinking about the author's perspective of the book. In her biography section of the book she said that she has a sister with special needs and she didn't intend on Nat having Autism but that she gave Nat a lot of the characteristics her sister had. I think this is very touching and I am wondering if she was telling the reading how she felt growing up with a sister with special needs through Moose.
I am also wondering if there are any other books like this one because I felt that I really connected to Moose in a lot of ways throughout the book. I was 10 when my first brother (the one with special needs) was born and 14 when the other one was born so I had to help out a lot at home like Moose. I sometimes felt it wasn't fair that I had so many responsibilities at a young age. When I look back today I am very glad I did.
I also felt I could relate to Moose with the way he was so protective over Nat. I am very protective of my brothers, especially my brother with special needs. I was never embarrassed of him but I was worried, and still am sometimes, of if people with judge him because he takes things very personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment