Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Group Meeting 1

Samantha and I have been reading Al Capone Does My Shirts and we have made some predictions so far. I have read a bit farther than her so I know the answers to her questions and predictions but I haven't given anything away. There were a few pages in the beginning of the book that I felt that I could relate to Moose more than I have ever related to a character. From pages 83-84 Moose was arguing with his mom about babysitting Nat when he just wants to have a regular childhood and I feel like I have felt like this at times with my brothers. I am always happy to watch them, I don't get as angry all the time as Moose but I know what it's like having to give up so much time to take on such a big responsibility. One of my brothers has special needs, although he is very high functioning, I know how challenging his situation can be.

Attached are a couple pictures of our thought and predictions of the story so far.

1 comment:

  1. Clarisa,
    It seems like you and Samantha are progressing through your book nicely. I really enjoyed how you were able to personally relate to one of the characters. I can't wait to learn more about what you're reading! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete