Sunday, November 2, 2014

Writing Process: Peer Revising

Throughout the process of writing my informational text I wrote about how writing is difficult for me at times. This was evident through my paper after peer editing.

I think it is important to have other people read my writing, especially if it is an important paper or topic being written about. I get embarrassed and self-conscious when other people read my writing because I know I'm not a great writer so when I hear that peer editing is going to happen I start to get nervous.

When I handed my rough draft to my peers it was a very very rough draft, I had only gotten about half way done, so when I got it back there were lots of comments made on my computer. The first half of writing it took me a long time and it was a struggle to find the words to express what I wanted to say.

After reading the comments my peers wrote I was able to go back and add to my paper and it was easier to make the changes and improve in all the necessary areas. I also found that it was easier to finish the paper because I was able to incorporate the comments my peers made into the second half of my paper.

I think a second opinion is always great when doing formal writing and it is important to teacher our students how to peer edit and receive constructive feedback from others.


I found this picture when reading about peer editing and I thought it was a good thing to share with our classrooms in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Clarisa, omg I always feel nervous about having others read what I wrote as well! I think a lot of people feel that way, so don't worry about it. I just get really nervous because I sometimes tend to always think what I wrote wasn't good enough, but then I think about how my classmates will give me ideas on how to improve some things so it calms me down a bit. I think you should expand more on your last paragraph. Explain to us how you will teach your future students how to peer review.

    ReplyDelete