Sunday, November 16, 2014

Common Core and Literature: Assignment 2

file:///Users/clarisarodrigues/Documents/307%20take%202.m4a (Copy and paste the link into a new page) 

I felt that this was a very interesting assignment that brought me out of my comfort zone. I thought that both of the articles I read were very interesting and hearing myself speak after helped me pinpoint some target areas for improvement when speaking. The one I posted is my second try at recording myself but I feel like I could have done it 100 different times and not have been completely satisfied with it. This was very interesting and different and I liked having the opportunity to venture out and try something different. I found it difficult to speak what I was thinking while I was trying to read at the same time. I think this is where many of my errors in speaking came from.

1 comment:

  1. Clarissa,

    I will help you fix your link...currently you pasted a link to a file on your computer. We will share it. You can keep it private by also just sharing it on Blackboard.

    Learning is about getting out of your comfort zone. One thing teachers need to be comfortable with, and fluent in, is reading and thinking out loud.

    This is especially true when dealing with online sources or complex informational texts. We have to teach students how investigate sources and authors. Perspectives do not really come into play until middle school but it is still important to teach students to find authors.

    The best way to do this as a teacher is to think aloud and encourage students to think aloud.

    ReplyDelete