Children are surrounded by fictional characters on the tv, posters, toys in stores, etc. There is only a matter of time that a child begins to show a growing interest in a specific character.
You could ask any kid these days who their favorite character on tv is and who they look up to and it is often times the same character. For me personally, the fictional hero I look up to is Hermione from the Harry Potter books. I have read and seen many of them and I have seen how strong willed she is. She sticks to her personality and doesn't let the boys do thing she can do for herself.
I think that children, especially young girls need to have strong, independent and hard working role models. They need to have role models who are smart and have worked hard for themselves. Many times young girls idolize the wrong characters on TV like the reality stars that sometimes seem fictional to me even though they are real people.
No comments:
Post a Comment